Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ingersoll Open School

I think the whole " Open School " idea is great, but not in a town like Ingersoll. We already have The Fusion Centre, and they had the same idea. I can't recall any student that ACTUALLY goes to Fusion to do work. I don't know how this is going to sound, but when I hear fusion, I think of kids going for drugs. If Ingersoll did get and Open School I think it would help some kids, but it would also lead kids to more bullying. A lot of people don't think this, but I went to Kumon, a tutoring centre in Dorchester, and I had people teasing me and stuff, it wasn't good at all. I stayed for about 2 years in total. And I think that would happen to majority of kids. An Open School in London would be great, because it's a bigger city, with more kids and schools. Chances that youre going to know another kid would be slim. It's also pretty cool how these Open Schools are volenteers wanted to help kids who are struggling. Great idea, but not in this small town.

1 comment: